Governance, Ethics, and Compliance Manager
Assist the Chief Risk Officer in executing and administering the Bank’s Corporate Governance Program and compliance with policies addressing the Bank’s Code of Conduct and related party transactions. The position requires strong practical knowledge of corporate governance, business ethics, related party transactions and banking regulations including, but not limited to Regulation O.
- Support the delivery of the overall strategic approach of the Culture, Conduct, and Ethics program.
- Develop and/or review policies, procedures and processes.
- Coordinate, implement and train Directors and employees on Bank requirements.
- Bank’s designated subject matter expert on Reg O.
- Administer programs to carry out activities associated with governance, ethics and related party transactions.
- Research requests from business areas and provide regulatory interpretation and executable options to achieve regulatory requirements and comply with policies and procedures.
- Plan, coordinate, and complete compliance reviews and monitoring activities as directed by Chief Risk Officer.
- Stays abreast of compliance requirements via a variety of regulatory information sources.
- Conduct fact-based investigations.
- Complete ad hoc projects directed by the Director of Compliance and/or Chief Risk Officer.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong computer and software application skills and ability to develop a working knowledge of bank systems.
- Self starter with ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and meet critical due dates.
- Sound business judgment and analysis.
- Ability to understand the need for discretion when dealing with sensitive matters.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance, which includes the need for competency, integrity, objectivity and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- BS or BA degree from an accredited four year college. Post undergraduate studies a plus.
- Five or more years of compliance, legal, audit, or other relevant experience relating to corporate governance, business ethics and/or related party transactions.
- Knowledge of Regulation O, Related Party Transactions, and practical application of the requirements.
- Experience drafting, updating, and implementing compliance-related policies and procedures.
- Experience conducting corporate internal investigations including intake, investigation, resolution, and summary reports.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 660