CategoryAudit and Compliance
Job Location6010 Executive Boulevard Suite 800, Rockville, MD
Develops and conducts fraud investigations and assists with physical security matters for EagleBank Corp. Monitors and reports on fraud trends and engage in strategy development to address these trends.
The Fraud Investigator will assist the Band Security Officer (“BSO”) in defining, developing, and deploying proper security procedures and regular training to all managed locations to ensure the safety of bank personnel, clients, and financial assets while ensuring EagleBank’s compliance with all applicable Federal and state laws.
Under the direction and guidance of the BSO, the Fraud Investigator will partner closely with the Bank Security Officer and staff members within Risk & Compliance, Banking Operations, Community Banking Branches, Human Resources, AML/BSA and other groups as required. Additionally, the position will collaborate where needed with all related groups to accomplish appropriate research and investigation of suspected fraud or similar matters. The position requires direct and productive interaction with the Bank Security Officer, clients, and other fraud/bank security personnel within financial services organizations entities, and federal/local law enforcement agencies.
Investigages and monitors fraud cases, as well as utilizes tools and processes to ensure the delivery of adequate fraud detection. Explains and documents variances and recommends remedial actions to all stakeholders.
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Risk Management Frameworks and internal Bank Policies and Policy Standards. Monitors and provides tracking of fraud trends to enhance fraud prevention strategies.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports and represents the BSO as a security and fraud-related resource, responsible for promoting consistency in the company’s physical security and fraud investigations policies, procedures and practices.
- Provides direct assistance on telephone/email security inquiries from the branches, internal departments, and relevant external entities.
- Conducts analysis and fraud investigations, coordinates with other departments on the identification and reporting of fraud, communicates with customers when appropriate. Recommends account closure where appropriate to minimize loss.
- Supports the BSO on aspects of the Physical Security Program, including access control systems, contract security officers, alarm systems, camera systems and related equipment.
- Ensures that bank policies and procedures for the safeguarding of bank assets are being followed
- Assists in the review and analysis of alerted accounts or transactions to determine potential fraud related to items such as checks processed, kiting, ACH/Wire transactions, credit applications or facilities, new accounts, etc.
- Promptly respond to incidents and threats, gather intelligence, conduct investigations and initiate follow up on events that put the organization at risk. Follow up with law enforcement, other banks and appropriate personnel as needed and maintain documentation of actions.
- Provides relivant findings of investigations to AML/BSA Group for proper BSA reporting.
- Conducts periodic fraud and identity theft risk assessments and recommend improvements to policies and procedures to address gaps.
- Prepares standard and ad-hoc reports to management (fraud, losses, risk assessments, etc.).
- Enhances employee fraud awareness and conduct training as needed.
- Represents the Bank in legal cases when requested and approved by Bank Security Officer.
- Supports customer communication/training on security and fraud topics.
- Provide research and expertise in the selection and implementation of risk/loss prevention tools.
- Provides assistance on telephone/email inquiries from the branches and internal departments.
- Supports Bank Security Officer in representing the Bank in investigations of attempted or completed crimes. Serves as liaison with law enforcement officers; effectively develop and maintain alliances with international, federal, state and local government and law enforcement/information sources and private industrial security.
- Coordinates appearances in court proceedings related to Bank security/safety matters, supporting other departments as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or Business. Relevant financial services sector, military and/or law enforcement experience which includes financial investigations may be substituted.
- 6 years training and experience in managing fraud/financial crimes investigations, preferably in the financial services sector specifically in banking.