Business Development Officer
Responsible for enhancing EagleBank’s market share within the local business community by: growing the Bank’s core deposits by acquiring, expanding and retaining customer relationships; supporting asset growth via sourcing and originating B2B loans as well as referring larger credits to C&I, SBA and CRE Relationship Managers; enhancing fee income by satisfying customer needs with Treasury Management solutions as well as through referrals to partners for merchant services, insurance, wealth management, and residential mortgage lending. Develop full banking relationships via delivery of highest level of customer service and effective execution of EagleBank’s Relationship Development Process. Demonstrate expertise in one or more industries in order to meaningfully differentiate from competitors and add value to customer relationships, thereby generating growth for the Bank in its targeted industries. Actively participate in industry-focused associations and other community organizations. Comply with policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and complete training requirements as warranted for position.
- Acquire, expand and retain customer relationships, to include deposits, loans and fee-based services with a concentration in one or more industries. Effectively organize and plan activities to include pre-call planning prior to appointments and appropriate follow-up afterwards.
- Work with branch teams and other internal partners on effective customer onboarding and ongoing service excellence.
- Maintain strong relationship with existing customer and COIs for purposes of retention, expansion and referral generation.
- Actively participate in industry-focused associations and other community organizations in order to develop and maintain a personal brand and support the EagleBank brand.
- Maintain an effective marketing plan to develop prospects and convert opportunities to closed business, particularly within target industries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong sales and service skills are critical.
- Advanced knowledge of banking products and services.
- Knowledge of banking regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate independently and take accountability for the function.
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize your focus on most impactful activities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Travel as required.
- The ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships FIRST in all areas of job performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field preferred.
- Five years of similar or related experience with a track record of consistent success; two years of sales experience supporting the financial industry.
Location is flexible - Washington, DC or No. VA or Maryland
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 705