Accounts Payable Specialist
We are a values driven organization putting Relationships FIRST. EagleBank is focused on being Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted. By prioritizing meaningful connections with our customers, employees, and shareholders, we relentlessly deliver the most compelling, valuable service to our community. EagleBank (NASDAQ - EGBN) was founded to meet the financial needs of local business owners in Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia. With genuine connections, we provide custom financial solutions, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the community.
EagleBank is committed to being a workplace of inclusion, equity, respect, and acceptance. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another’s experience. We believe employees are essential to the building of relationships and we prioritize investing in employee growth and wellbeing. Throughout your EagleBank career, our commitment is to provide you with a variety of competitive benefits, recognition, training and development, and the knowledge that your contribution adds value to the company and our community. Employee involvement is fostered through resource groups, mentorship programs, community service, and scholarship opportunities for continued education. With features including wellness discounts, healthcare premium sharing, employer funding in your HSA account, and 100% 401(k) matching up to 4%, we pride ourselves in the ways we support our internal relationships.
The success of this position is reliant on face-to-face interaction and requires 100% on-site work. A hybrid schedule may be considered after 90 days.
The Accounts Payable Specialist manages full Accounts Payable cycle. Reviews, codes, requests approval, and processes invoices for payment all in a timely manner. Maintains records of invoices through electronic and paper filing
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews invoices received, distributes for approval and processes for payments.
- Scans paid invoices into records management system and files paper copies.
- Processes payments for Personal Property Tax Filing, Corporate Tax filing and Annual Economic Census.
- Processes monthly payments which include parking, sub-debt interest, state tax filing, etc.
- Participates in Month-end Closing i.e. Accrued expenses, variance analysis and reconciliations.
- Updates Expense Authorization Policy.
- Performs administrative duties such as sorting mail and inventory office supplies.
- 2-year college degree in Accounting, Finance and Business or related field and 1 year of Accounts Payable experience OR 4 year college degree in same disciplines.
- Understanding of accounting principles.
- General working knowledge of MS Office. Proficient in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Proficient in data entry.
Don't meet all the requirements? We encourage you to still apply if you think you are the right person to join our community. We are always interested connecting with people inspired by our mission and values. If you aren’t hired for this position, your resume will remain available for the next year and might be considered for future openings. Note: You can update your resume as often as needed.